Friday, October 9, 2009

The woman that made it all happen


It was two years ago today that my beautiful mother lost her hard fought battle with breast cancer.

She was the best woman I could have asked for to guide me thru the 35 years that I had the pleasure to be her “Kiddo”.

I could say that this day two years ago was the most defining moment in my life, however, it was really the entire year and 9 months from diagnosis to her passing. I not only learned more about who she was as a woman, I was taught and learned more about myself as an adult woman. From her I received all the strength and guidance any daughter could ask for.

We miss you, we love you. You mean more to me and our family than words can ever express.

An example of her beautiful attitude even thru chemo.



And this one just because I think it is freakin hilarious and made me giggle to no end when I came across it recently. Nothing like a good 80’s Thanksgiving throwback pic….that’s my mama! Gotta love her. ( I really hope this was a set up and she wasn't really going to town on a turkey leg like that!)

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, your mom seemed like such a great person!

Sara said...

You could've written something so sad but instead wrote smething very uplifting. Amazing.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Ah, I'm so sorry that you lost your Momma, but this blog is a lovely tribute! Good to remember her positive spirit.

Danielle said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I am glad that you remeber her in such a beautiful light!

My Army Brats and Me said...

Just read up on your blog. It is a rough road. I love that you are putting yourself out there. Your Mom is a hero:)