Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Test test.... is this thing on?

I don't imagine there is anyone that will be reading my blog at this point. But if you stumble into it... hello! Not sure how you got to my blog, but thanks for stopping by.

Post #1 and I'm going to get out a lot of qualifications. I expect that bloggers know exactly what blogging is all about and that's exactly why I'm here. I see it as a place to get things out in the open, share thoughts, put out there whatever it is that I want to put out for the world to see. When I first started reading blogs (less than a year ago) I was surprised at how comforting it was to read about peoples lives that were in similar situations as myself. "Hey, wow, I'm not the only one...." It helped me to adjust to what was going on in my life at the time. I don't expect to be profound, I doubt that I'll write anything super witty and clever. (But catch me in person and I often think I'm hi-lar-i-ous) Like others I've read, this blog is sprouting from one of those times in life where I've hit and unexpected BIG FAT detour sign as I was buzzing down the road toward what I thought my future would be. A not so gentle reminder that I'm not the one that controls the big picture of my life. There is a different plan out there for me, and *ouch* thanks for the reminder.

It's me. My thoughts. My venting. My ranting. My questioning. My opinions. So here it goes, I'm going to try and be a blogger... hope it helps!

- S

P.S. If any experienced bloggers read this... any suggestions, hints, "rules", anything helpful you wish to share would be appreciated.

0 comments: