Tuesday, May 19, 2009

snip... snip....

Slowly but surely cutting the ex out of my life, my space and my computer.

After a heavy morning with the counselor and really focusing on what it truly is that has caused me the most sadness over the last two years and what I really need to concentrate on getting past, I was able to cut away a few more pieces of the Ex and his presence in my life.

I hadn't been able to do some of this to this point, I just didn't feel ready to let all that go. It's time for some more baby steps.

It was a bit melancholy, but I didn't cry. *huge sigh of relief* Little things like deleting pictures from my phone, packed up a few things like college alma mater sweatshirt/t-shirts (no offense to anyone *uh hem New Girl*, but I'm not going to walk around with Oklahoma or OSU all over my chest when I no longer have a reason), deleted him as a contact on my Skype account. That one was harder than the rest, mostly because I noticed that he had 3 contacts on there when I use to be the only one ... mini gut check.

I don't know why I had hesitated to do some of these things before, maybe I could only handle so much change at a time.

Still haven't deleted him completely and I'm not sure I ever will. There are tons of pictures from our adventures and will be things that I do keep that he gave to me or have memories. But it felt like some progress and closer to really completely moving on.

Random weekend fun stuff....

I had an awesome weekend. The first in a long time where I was more than just going thru the motions. I was engaged and having a lot of fun. AND AND AND I was checking out guys. *whoo hoo* Went to the driving range with one of my best friends and after we spent a long afternoon with wine & cheese flights, great conversation and a trip to Tar-zhay.

I've seen it before, but it had been on TV... this weekend I saw up close and personal Golf Eye-Candy! You heard me right golf and eye-candy in the same sentence. Keep in mind that I live in the Pacific Northwest, so we haven't had much sun .... but still....

Thank you to public ranges that not only don't have a dress code, they don't even require clothes to be worn. ;-)




**parting thought** I wonder what this guy would think if he knew just to the right and cut out of the picture is my girlfriend who was fake posing for the picture so we could get a shot of him.... *giggle*

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

well that would make golf fun now wouldnt it? : )

good for you for cutting ties and packing things up. good luck on moving on.

Sara said...

I remember how hard it is to exercise the memories of someone from your life. Good luck. I hope you find more peace soon.

I love that your friend fake posed. That's awesome.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so great! I know how hard it is to completely cut someone out of your life. i think your doing great! It just takes time.

Um.....naked guy playing golf....I need to get into this sport!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so great! I know how hard it is to completely cut someone out of your life. i think your doing great! It just takes time.

Um.....naked guy playing golf....I need to get into this sport!

said...

That picture and your parting thought is awesome. Ha!

You are giving yourself time and accepting where you are. That is HUGE for getting over this.

You are doing wonderful. Thank you for sharing your journey.

New Girl on Post said...

Ha ha! No offense taken. :) I completely understand. Good for you for starting the difficult process of getting him out of your life. I'm proud of you.

Your Girl Leah said...

It's amazing how much easier things are when broken down into baby steps...