Monday, January 11, 2010
Therefore I am short one important virtue.
2010 is starting off as a waiting game for moi.
- Waiting for my first care packages to hit their target (check this one off, mission complete)
- Waiting on answers regarding my condo purchase
- Waiting on police departments and insurance companies so I can put an accident from this summer behind me
- Waiting for me to get off my duff and update my blog layout (how many months ago was October?)
- Waiting for a lighten bolt, slap in the face, name written in the clouds, something to help me make some big decisions already.
OK, so two of the 4 open items are actually waiting for me to take action. Hmmmmm....so not only am I lacking the virtue of patience, I'm also a procrastinator. How the hell do those two wide up in the same personality. Talk about a life long conflict.
"How much human life is lost in waiting?" Ralph Waldo Emerson
“We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” Joseph Campbell